||Adjunct Instructors - Visual Arts - Various areas of focus
Art Instructor (Adjunct) – In preparation for Autumn 2019 semester, Hocking College and the Art, Design and Marketing Program is accepting applications for Adjunct Instructors for the following areas of focus:
- Painting / Drawing
- Art History
- 2D Design
- Graphic Design
- Art History
- Film & Video
These positions work under the direct supervision of theProgram Manager for Art, Design and Marketing.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- PROVIDES INSTRUCTIONAL SERVICES: Assist with development of course outcomes and curriculum which are consistent with Academic Affairs, department, and technology / program goals; convey course outcomes and expectations to students according to college policy; organize and manage instructional activities; use appropriate learner-centered instructional methods; provide evaluation methods appropriate to stated outcomes; evaluate student learning in a fair manner; posts and maintains sufficient office hours compatible with student schedules; maintain accurate records of evaluation and course work including attendance; submit grades as required and on time; regularly seeks feedback on course delivery and student learning; participate in college evaluation system of instructional services.
- At all times maintains a safe working area and conditions.
- Qualifications – Education, Experience, and Skills
- Masters Degree in Fine Art or related field from a regionally or nationally accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent as verified by a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc.
- Teaching experience college level or workshop.
- Flame worked glass proficiency in both borosilicate and soft glass.
- Ability to work small and large torches.
- Understanding of kiln operations and programing related to flame working.
- Evidence of professional development in the field of concentration as demonstrated by activity in professional associations, consultative practice; participation in seminars, workshops, and formal coursework, and individual reading and research.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong technology skills including usage of email, student information system, and learning management system
- Organizational, record-keeping, and interpersonal skills.
- Interest in and commitment to the learner-centered educational process.
- Educational technology skills.
- Caring attitude toward students.
- Willingness to extend self to help students succeed.
- Behaves in accordance with Hocking College and Academic Affairs mission, goals, and values.
- Positive attitude.
- Knowledge of safe working conditions.
|How to Apply
Interested persons should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The positions will remain open until filled.
Hocking College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, religion, age, disability or military status in employment or the provision of services.
When contacted for an interview, an applicant who requires special accommodations due to a disability should notify the office at that time so proper arrangements can be made for the interview.
|Contact Information||Human Resources
3301 Hocking Parkway
Nelsonville, OH 45764