||Adjunct Instructor - Addiction Studies
Under the direct supervision of the Addiction Studies Program Manager, provides instructional services; maintains a safe working area and conditions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- PROVIDES INSTRUCTIONAL SERVICES: Assist with development of course outcomes and curriculum which are consistent with Academic Affairs, department, and technology / program goals; convey course outcomes and expectations to students according to college policy; organize and manage instructional activities; use appropriate learner-centered instructional methods; provide evaluation methods appropriate to stated outcomes; evaluate student learning in a fair manner; posts and maintains sufficient office hours compatible with student schedules; maintain accurate records of evaluation and course work including attendance; submit grades as required and on time; regularly seeks feedback on course delivery and student learning; participate in college evaluation system of instructional services; revise / update courses regularly.
- At all times maintains a safe working area and conditions.
Qualifications – Education, Experience, and Skills
- Master’s degree in a field of Counseling (Mental Health Counseling, Rehabilitation Counseling, Marriage and Family Counseling, or Clinical Social Work) or related field
- Licensed at the level of the LCDC III (Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor Level III) or higher through the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board
- Preference will be given to individuals licensed at the level of the LPC (Licensed Professional Counselor) or higher through the Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board.
- 3 years of employment history as a Chemical Dependency Counselor
- Experience in teaching at the college level
- Experience with online education
- Degree must be from a regionally or nationally accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent as verified by a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc.
- Evidence of professional development in the field of concentration as demonstrated by activity in professional associations, consultative practice; participation in seminars, workshops, and formal coursework, and individual reading and research.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong technology skills including usage of Microsoft Office, email, student information system, and learning management system
- Organizational, record-keeping, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of subject area.
- Knowledge of educational theory and application.
- Knowledge of learners and individual learning styles.
- Interest in and commitment to the learner-centered educational process.
- Educational technology skills.
- Caring attitude toward students.
- Learning and self-motivation skills.
- Willingness to extend self to help students succeed.
- Knowledge of College resources available to students.
- Knowledge of organizational structure.
- Current knowledge of programs, objectives, and requirements.
- Openness to suggestions for improvement.
- Attention to detail.
- Flexibility in dealing with others.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Behaves in accordance with Hocking College and Academic Affairs mission, goals, and values.
- Positive attitude.
- Knowledge of safe working conditions.
|How to Apply
Reasonable accommodations may be requested and reviewed according to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to the Office of Human Resources (3301 Hocking Parkway Nelsonville, OH 45764), email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com, or fax a resume or cover letter to 740-753-7039.
Position will remain open until filled.
Hocking College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, religion, age, disability or military status in employment or the provision of services
When contacted for an interview, an applicant who requires special accommodations due to a disability should notify the office at that time so proper arrangements can be made for the interview.
|Contact Information||Human Resources
3301 Hocking Parkway
Nelsonville, OH 45764