||Adjunct Instructor - Automotive Technology
Under the direct supervision of the Dean of Workforce Development, will perform the following functions: Provide instructional services; Perform academic advising activities; Engage in professional development opportunities in both teaching and discipline-specific theory and practice; Participate in department activities; Participates in Academic Affairs and Institutional activities; Maintain a safe working area an conditions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- PROVIDES INSTRUCTIONAL SERVICES: Assist with development of course outcomes and curriculum which are consistent with Academic Affairs, department, and technology / program goals; convey course outcomes and expectations to students according to college policy; organize and manage instructional activities; use appropriate learner-centered instructional methods; provide evaluation methods appropriate to stated outcomes; evaluate student learning in a fair manner; posts and maintains sufficient office hours compatible with student schedules; maintain accurate records of evaluation and course work including attendance; submit grades as required and on time; regularly seeks feedback on course delivery and student learning; participate in college evaluation system of instructional services; revise / update courses regularly.
- PERFORMS STUDENT ACADEMIC ADVISING ACTIVITIES: Assist with the recruitment and placement of students; encourage students’ involvement in the advising process; maintains sufficient advising hours compatible with student schedules; meet with advisees at least twice per semester and as often as needed; advise student having difficulty in class / clinical work; maintain appropriate advisee files; direct students to appropriate department and College resources; maintain confidentiality; periodically evaluates graduation progress and completions.
- ENGAGES IN CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT IN BOTH TEACHING AND DISCIPLINE-SPECIFIC THEORY AND PRACTICE: Formulate and implement goals for growth; identify own professional development needs consistent with the mission of the College, Academic Affairs, and department; maintain or attain appropriate certification; licensure, or credentialing; seek appropriate resources to meet goals for continuous improvement; participate in department, Academic Affairs, and College faculty / staff development programs.
- PARTICIPATES IN DEPARTMENT ACTIVITIES: Work cooperatively with others to accomplish the goals of the department and technology; share expertise and materials with other department members; work constructively to resolve individual and department concerns; actively participate in technology and department activities and meetings; follow departmental policies.
- PARTICIPATES IN ACADEMIC AFFAIRS AND INSTITUTIONAL ACTIVITIES: Is familiar with the mission and philosophy of Hocking College; follows Hocking College policies and procedures; promote a positive working relationship across technology, department, and community lines; participate in Academic Affairs and institutional activities and committees; participate in student enrollment activities (recruiting and registration), contribute to the assessment of student academic achievement;
- At all times maintains a safe working area and conditions.
Qualifications - Education and Experience
- Associates Degree in Automotive Technology or related field (preferred)
- Knowledge of new automotive technology
- ASE Certified preferred
- 5-10 years of recent (within the past 5 years) experience working in the automotive field
- Some teaching experience
- Degree must be from a regionally or nationally accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent as verified by a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc.
- Evidence of professional development in the field of concentration as demonstrated by activity in professional associations, consultative practice; participation in seminars, workshops, and formal coursework, and individual reading and research.
- Record keeping skills
- Knowledge of safety rules and regulations
|How to Apply
Reasonable accommodations may be requested and reviewed according to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, transcripts and a resume to the Office of Human Resources (3301 Hocking Parkway Nelsonville, OH 45764), email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com, or fax a resume or cover letter to 740-753-7039.
Position will remain open until filled.
Hocking College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, religion, age, disability or military status in employment or the provision of services
When contacted for an interview, an applicant who requires special accommodations due to a disability should notify the office at that time so proper arrangements can be made for the interview
|Contact Information||Human Resources
3301 Hocking Parkway
Nelsonville, OH 45764