||Custodian - Casual Labor Pool
This is a part-time casual employment position. Hour are not guaranteed and are not to exceed 28 hours per week. Hourly wage is $15 per hour.
Under the direct supervision of the Manager, Physical Plant and Land Management Division, will perform the following operations:Perform building custodial tasks; Assist with special event arrangements; and perform other job related duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- On call as needed for substitute, as needed, and casual employment
- Perform building custodial tasks: Empty trash including recycling bins; dust; clean blackboards; sweep and/or shampoo carpets; clean windows and light fixtures; mop/wax/strip tile floors; replace light bulbs; wash walls; clean water fountains; clean restrooms; vacuum furniture; wash mirrors; empty pencil sharpeners; clean and refill soap, toilet paper and towel dispensers; clean air vents; clean elevator; clean tables in dining area; paint and prep; wash/sweep/replace floor mats; and sweep/wash stairs.
- Assist with special event arrangements
- Cleans and maintains building grounds, entryways, and patios, including snow removal.
Qualifications – Education, Experience, and Skills
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals.
- Operate cleaning equipment and handle materials properly and safely.
- Incumbents must be able to exert considerable to heavy physical effort while performing manual labor including standing, walking, climbing stairs and ladders, reaching, stretching, bending, kneeling, and manual dexterity. Incumbents must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Incumbents are exposed to unpleasant odors, dirt, dust and chemicals, and moving mechanical parts. Incumbents may be required to wear protective clothing or equipment including goggles, gloves, and boots.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Communication skills.
- Knowledge of safety rules and regulations.
- Organizational skills.
- Public relations skills.
- Ability to work with others.
- Ability to calculate fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- Ability to follow instruction manuals.
Perform other job related duties as assigned, which should not be over 10 to 15%.
|How to Apply
Applicants may email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax cover letter and resume to 740-753-7039. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodations may be requested and reviewed according to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
|Contact Information||Human Resources
3301 Hocking Parkway
Nelsonville, OH 45764