||Fish Management & Aquaculture Graduate Intern (1 year contract)
- Position Purpose
This posting is for a part-time (20 hour/week), non-permanent (term not to exceed 1 year) Graduate Intern position based at the Hocking College Fish Hatchery. The primary responsibilities of this position will be to assist the Hatchery Technician in general aquaculture tasks and maintenance and upkeep of facilities and equipment. Other duties may be assigned as required, and may include providing instructional support, transporting equipment to field sites for course setup, and collecting and tabulating data from research projects.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- General aquatic animal husbandry, including feeding, inventorying, health monitoring, transferring, harvesting, and handling live fish and selfish.
- Monitoring of water conditions and quality in ponds and rearing troughs.
- Data collection and record-keeping.
- Collection and treatment of eggs and fish fry.
- Appropriate seasonal maintenance for ponds, pond levees, and water delivery systems.
- General maintenance of hatchery facilities and equipment, including light carpentry, plumbing, masonry, welding, and mechanical maintenance.
- Grounds keeping, including grass cutting and weed removal.
- Providing instructional support for aquaculture and fishery management courses.
- Assisting with tours and relations with hatchery visitors.
- Qualifications – Education, Experience, and Skills
- Be a graduate of the Hocking College School of Natural Resources (fish or wildlife program graduates preferred)
- Be able to life and carry 50 pounds
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Be able to work outdoors in inclement weather
- Be available to work weekend hours as necessary.
- Be familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel.
Compensation and Benefits: This is a part-time, non-exempt position. Hours are not to exceed 20 hours per week, and the term of the position is not to exceed one (1) year from date of hire. Salary will be approximately $10/hour.
|How to Apply
Reasonable accommodations may be requested and reviewed according to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, transcripts and a resume to the Office of Human Resources (3301 Hocking Parkway Nelsonville, OH 45764), email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Position will remain open until filled.
Hocking College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, religion, age, disability or military status in employment or the provision of services
When contacted for an interview, an applicant who requires special accommodations due to a disability should notify the office at that time so proper arrangements can be made for the interview
|Contact Information||Human Resources
3301 Hocking Parkway
Nelsonville, OH 45764