Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director of Marketing, Public and Community Relations focusing on writing/editing, social media, marketing, photography, layout/design, and general marketing/communications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Write and edit weekly internal college newsletter;
- Responsible for website content. Serving as website content manager developing the voice for all aspects of the organization’s online presence. In addition to writing, editing, and proofreading site content, this individual will work closely with the technical team to maintain site standards with regard to new development;
- Interface with the web development team; write and upload web content within a content management system;
- Provide strategic communications to include: communications strategy, responses, media contact and social media responses; news release strategy and drafting; draft media statements; review communications; Wikipedia strategy and content; newsletter names; media report for the board of trustees; and produce and update media lists;
- Develop and implement regular, as established by the College, posts to social medial through College selected sites for marketing and communications to prospective and current students, community and alumni;
- Design and deliver collateral materials such as brochures, posters and flyers;
- Serve as campus photographer;
- Responsible for Public Relations, Branding, and Reputation management;
- Participate in the development of the Campus Marketing Plan.
- Uphold highest ethical standards for communications professionals.
Qualifications – Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, multimedia, broadcast or related field;
- Experience minimum three (3) years in field.
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining strong service standards for the flow of information and communication of projects and tasks for individual clients (departments);
- Strong background in written communications, including press releases, brochures, newsletters and all other marketing/promotional materials;
- Project management, supervision and organizational skills;
- Interpersonal and presentation skills;
- Willingness to work extensive evening and weekend hours to complete assignments and tasks as needed.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Principles of marketing; outreach; recruitment; community programs and organizations; community relations; public information and public relations;
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary;
- Impeccable writing and editing skills and a thorough understanding of AP style.
- Operate a computer on both a Macintosh and PC platform, utilizing word processing, spreadsheet, database, graphic art/desktop publishing (Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator), multimedia, internet, web content management systems and e-mail software;
- Understand and follow oral and written directions;
- Ability to work with minimal direction and supervision;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others;
- Work efficiently to meet multiple deadlines and timetables;
- Work cooperatively with colleagues and consultants to produce complex publications, and other documents;
- Plan and organize work;
- Work confidentially with discretion;
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
|How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to the Office of Human Resources (3301 Hocking Parkway Nelsonville, OH 45764), email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax a resume or cover letter to 740-753-7039. Position will remain open until filled.
Hocking College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, religion, age, disability or military status in employment or the provision of services.
When contacted for an interview, an applicant who requires special accommodations due to a disability should notify the office at that time so proper arrangements can be made for the interview.
|Contact Information||Human Resources
3301 Hocking Parkway
Nelsonville, OH 45764