Hocking College offers employment opportunities for students through
regular part time employment or through the Federal Work Study Program (FWS).
To be considered for FWS, you must indicate your interest in employment
on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
There are also paid student employment opportunities while working
within community service. For more information about paid community
service opportunities, please contact Office of Financial Aid.
||Information Technology - Student Assistant
||Under the direct supervision of the Chief Information Officer, performs the following operations: Operate the institution’s ID Card system; Enter data into the Helpdesk ticketing system; Reset passwords and access to campus systems; Provide level one walkup and phone support to end-users to assist with computer issues; and assists in supporting and resolving technology issues, such as but not limited to: computer systems, software, printers, projectors, cabling, etc.
- Assists in the operation of the institutions ID card machine/computer: Verify ID and status of requestor; operate the ID machine, and provide access control to college systems based on status and maintain ID supply inventory.
- Assists in maintaining helpdesk database ticketing system and other OIT systems including documentation: Enter service requests into the ticketing software, updates open tickets as completion of work occurs, Enter data to assist in the acquisitions of goods and materials, Document techniques and inventory into OIT information systems.
- Assist users in gaining access to software and systems; Password resets, access to campus systems and/or software as notified.
- Assists in providing level one walkup and phone support to end-users for technology issues.
- Assists in supporting and resolving technology issues campus wide.
- Assist as needed
- Communicate Effectively (reading, writing, speaking, listening skills)
- Demonstrate Knowledge of Science and the Environment (knowledge of scientific principles. Scientific method, awareness of ecological principles/ physical health/social development)
- Demonstrate Learning and Critical Thinking Skills (analyze, evaluate, use logic, establish goals)
- Maintains Professional Skills and Attitudes (follow polices, show initiative, prioritize, work safely, arrive promptly, attend regularly, maintain professional image)
- Practice Human Relation Skills (trustworthy, confident, team worker, maintain sense of humor, empathize, practice good interpersonal skills, resolve conflicts, work well with others)
- Demonstrate Community, Cultural, and Global Awareness (practice good citizenship, respect diversity, know contribution of career to the economy, understand historical and current events)
- Maintain a Code of Ethics (honest, responsible, resolve conflicts and moral dilemmas through decision-making process)
Qualifications – Education, Experience, and Skills
- Customer service skills
- Communication skills
- Ability to learn
- Working knowledge of software package, including MS Office Suite
- Strong cognitive problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must possess organizational, record keeping, and communication skills
- Must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress standards each semester to maintain eligibility to work
Work Environment / Physical Requirements
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds. Work may require sitting, lifting, stooping, bending, stretching, walking, standing, climbing, pushing, pulling, crawling, and other physical exertion. In addition, position requires working above the shoulders and repetitive motion.
||No Contact Assigned